Applications Now Open for 2021!
Kick start your career in agriculture with one of Australia’s largest agricultural machinery dealerships!
As part of the Emmetts TechSTAR Apprenticeship Program, we’ll train and support you to be the best you can be.
We are currently seeking applications for 1st year apprentices across the Emmetts Group for the 2021 intake of the Emmetts TechSTAR Apprenticeship Program. This is an outstanding opportunity for school leavers and mature aged candidates to develop a rewarding career as a mechanic or as a stepping stone to a professional pathway in Agribusiness.
Opportunities are available across our branches in Victoria and South Australia.
Established in 1957, Emmetts are a leading multi-franchise agricultural equipment group and one of Australia’s largest John Deere dealers. With 11 branches covering the broad-acre, viticulture, horticulture and grounds care farming sectors of Victoria and South Australia, we are highly regarded in the farming community and believe the key to our success is the people who work for us!
Our team has a genuine passion for developing integrated farming solutions that help the Australian farming industry be the best it can be. From sales and service to technology, parts, marketing and management, everyone plays an integral part in customer satisfaction.
Once selected to be part of the Emmetts TechSTAR Apprenticeship Program, you will actively learn and engage in the diesel mechanical trade through on and off the job training. You will complete a Certificate III in Agricultural Mechanical Technology and be part of the Emmetts Accelerate Program in Horsham, Victoria twice a year with other apprentices across the group.
As a TechSTAR apprentice, you will gain a wide variety of experience both in the workshop and out in the field - all with the guidance and support of our knowledgeable service team.
We will ensure that each apprentice is equipped with the skills needed to complete each and every job safely and to the highest of standards. You will learn the importance of being the best you can be, so our customers will receive the service they deserve.
The Emmetts TechSTAR Apprenticeship Program will commence early in 2021, so you’ll need to be available to start at this time.
Not sure if an apprenticeship is for you? For those wishing to give the trade (and Emmetts) a trial run, we are offering casual positions to future apprentices over the summer break. If this is of interest, please email email@example.com.
To be successful, you will be positive, have a willingness to learn, a passion to succeed and demonstrate the following attributes;
- Completion of Year 12 or vocational course equivalent
- A demonstrated mechanical aptitude and a genuine willingness to learn the mechanical trade
- An ability to learn and interpret work instructions
- A demonstrated basic knowledge of maintenance procedures of a wide range of plant and equipment
- A demonstrated ability to work well autonomously, yet also as part of a specialised team
- Completion of a relevant pre-apprenticeship program; and
- Prior Knowledge / experience in trade of application.
Click here to download a copy of the application form.
To upload your application, you must include;
- Cover Letter. Please advise which branch location you are interested in, as well as your suitability for the role.
- Resume, with the names and contact details of at least 3 referees.
- Application Form. Please note this must be hand written by the applicant.
- Most recent school report or TAFE transcript
Interview intake days will be held in each of our regions. Please register your interest as soon as possible as places are limited.
So, What's IT LIKE TO WORK AT EMMETTS?
Hear it directly from our current apprentices!